Sunday, August 5, 2007

Sunday Dinner With Scott James and 600 KCOL Fox News Radio


Scott James, the program director for KCOL in Fort Collins, Colorado, chucked up some tasty morsels for us, just in time for Sunday family dinner:

On the July 31 broadcast of his show Ride Home with The James Gang, James stated, "do they just want everybody to be politically correct and be tolerant and get along? 'You must accept me in my homosexual and/or perverted, i.e., child molestation ways. You must accept it.'"

GLAAD called him on it, and in true neo-con fashion, he was unfazed by the offense he caused his more polite-minded listeners. What's next for them, Scotty? Diarrhea on a dinner plate?

Scott James, poking his head up through the dirty diapers, cigarette butts, used napkins and rotten lettuce, tonight in The Garbage Shovel.

(Hat-tip to Pam Spaulding)

Update: He licked it back up.

"I certainly did not mean to equate homosexuality to child molestation and after reviewing the recording of that program I certainly understand how members of the GLBT community would take my ill-spoken words as offensive and I most certainly owe them an apology."

Funny, GLAAD said that when they first called him he was "unapologetic" for making the remark. I think folks like this say things that they know will get them attention. Then, after they get a few hits on their homepage (replete with advertising), they decide to cut and run before the shareholders get pissed. Got to hand it to 'em: It works! Undignified, but effective. I remember the radio biz being all about that.

No comments: